Thursday, July 16, 2009

Iranian Women Footballers

Photos from Iranian Women Football team

The Iran women's national football team represents Iran in international women's football, and is controlled by Islamic Republic of Iran Football Federation. The head of Women's Football at the IRIFF is Farideh Shojaei.

Founded in 2005, the team won the second place at the 2005 West Asian Football Federation Women's Championship in Amman, Jordan held in September and October 2005.

In May 2006, the Iranian women's national team hosted their first foreign visitors when a club from Berlin, Germany called BSV Al Dersimspor played out a 2-2 draw in Ararat Stadium, Vanak, Tehran.

The national team played BSV Al Dersimspor again, this time in Berlin, Germany on June 1, 2007.[1]

The team won the second place once again at the 2007 West Asian Football Federation Women's Championship in Amman, Jordan in September 2007.

The 40,000 seater Azadiye Stadium with a covered roof is currently being purposely built for the women's national team and is planned to be completed by late 2009.

For more details, click these links below:

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate
    it.

    Check out my web page ... orquesta atraccion

    ReplyDelete